#90 Esther Sternberg (The science of the body and mind connection)
- 00:00:23 How Esther got started working on the intersection between mind and body and healthy living?
- 00:13:32 What impact Ether’s research has on the ability to improve living conditions with autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Are we getting to few germs and viruses so that our immune system turns on ourselves?
- 00:21:11 How stress and our environment impacts our body and mind and how we can model it.
- 00:28:01 How do we identify environments that makes us calm? Why is a view of nature seen as a ‘paradise’ universally?
- 00:37:13 How chronic stress impacts us? Why do right amount of stress response is so important to function?
- 00:40:00 What is the differential between an average performance and a properly stressed (healthy stressed) individual?
- 00:54:33 How does chronic stress impact life expectancy and ‘chromosomal aging’?
- and much more!
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #90 Esther Sternberg (The science of the body and mind connection).
Esther Sternberg, MD, is internationally recognized for her discoveries in brain-immune interactions and the effects of the brain’s stress response on health: the science of the mind-body interaction. Dr. Sternberg is a Professor of Medicine in the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
She is the author of several books including Healing Spaces: the Science of Place and Well-being as well as The Balance Within: The Science Connecting Health and Emotions.
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!