#89 Bill Ottman (How to build and run a ‘free speech social network’?)
- 00:00:34 What drove Bill to start minds.com back in 2011? Why minds.com is fundamentally different than other social networks?
- 00:07:31 Why did the ‘legacy’ social networks get so big?
- 00:11:22 Is there a better engagement algorithm? How ‘manipulative’ is the current engagement algorithm?
- 00:14:20 Why social networks all have such a similar business model and why they all struggle to keep you on the site (through emotional manipulation).
- 00:18:15 Are conservative media outlets really at an disadvantage on social media platforms? Why some make it and some don’t?
- 00:23:01 Is banning ‘offensive accounts’ by Facebook/ Twitter a good business decision?
- 00:29:48 How does minds.com run their backend? Can they easily be shut down by one cloud provider?
- 00:34:35 Could you run a whole website based on ‘blockchain web services’?
- 00:37:50 What should be the content moderation policy of a free speech social network like minds.com? Should ‘hate speech’ be a bannable offense?
- 00:52:06 Will we continue to put ‘social layers of separation’ between us?
- 01:02:46 Why are we all still on Facebook if we feel it is so bad for society?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – Bill Ottman (How to build and run a ‘free speech social network’?).
Bill Ottman is the CEO and co-founder at Minds.
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!