#91 Harley Bassman (How to become a Convexity Maven?)
- 00:01:00 What is Convexity and how does it express itself?
- 00:02:59 Why startup founders usually enjoy positive convexity. Why bonds often come with negative convexity?
- 00:08:33 Why taking a flat fee is a good idea for money management?
- 00:14:03 Did Softbank create a ‘Gamma Melt-up’ buying an extraordinary amount of call options in 2020?
- 00:21:45 How to profit from increased interest rates? How to open up the upside without taking all the downside?
- 00:32:14 How the time horizon of investments has shrunk so much?
- 00:34:10 What is the state of productive carry-trades on right now? Should people look at Turkey, Mexico or Brazil?
- 00:37:43 What is ISDA and why it offers amazing way for financial contracts unavailable to retail investors.
- 00:42:59 How can retail investor get exposure to CDS (Credit Default Swaps) options through Simplify?
- 00:47:45 How big is a structural risk for a ‘risk drawdown event’?
- 00:58:51 Will the Fed be able to inflate out of the current deflationary scenario?
- 01:00:17 Will the rapid rise of technology allow us to grow out of the high debt level (just after WWII)?
- 01:03:12 How much are growth rates influenced by social and political attitudes?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #91 Harley Bassman (How to become a Convexity Maven?).
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!