#38 – Heidi Roizen (What makes a ‘great’ entrepreneur?)
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast Heidi Roizen and I talk about:
- Which role Stanford University played in Heid’s life personally and how much of a role it has in spawning entrepreneurship.
- Why entrepreneurship is such an important tool to change the world (to the better).
- What are the motivations for entrepreneurship? What skills and values pay off for entrepreneurs?
- Are the public market in a state of irrational exuberance?
- Is the big stagnation is real in entrepreneurship? Have we let go of our own high expectations to improve?
- How the ‘baby boomers’ have corned the real estate market and why the millennials have trouble following the ‘boomer model’?
- Where does Heidi stand in the Miami vs San Francisco debate?
- Do we live in a simulation? Will we be able to upload ourselves into a silicon based lifeform?
- Will we be able to ‘rebuild’ our ancestors from their DNA?
- Are first time entrepreneurs or ‘wise’ serial entrepreneurs the better choice?
- How is religion linked to entrepreneurship?
- How would ‘free energy’ change our life?
Watch this episode in 4K resolution on Youtube – The Judgment Call Podcast Episode #38 – Heidi Roizen (What makes a ‘great’ entrepreneur?).
Heidi Roizen is a venture capitalist at Threshold Ventures, former entrepreneur and Silicon Valley evangelist. She also actively mentors new entrepreneurs.
You may reach Heidi via LinkedIn.