#97 Julio Maria Muhorro (Tales of Entrepreneurship in Africa)
- 00:00:36 How Julio’s entrepreneurial journey started?
- 00:06:29 How do opportunities for entrepreneurs in Africa stack up currently?
- 00:13:45 How knowledge based and digital content businesses are faring in coastal African countries. How staggered access to digital innovations delays opportunities outside of the US.
- 00:20:48 How to find early adopters for your startup? Can you find them in a ‘non early adopter market’?
- 00:24:35 What is the ‘correct idea‘ of a risk-taking entrepreneur?
- 00:29:01 How will we get to nine billion brains and innovating entrepreneurs in the future?
- 00:36:34 How will we deal with the enormous amount of ‘cultural download’? How difficult is it to identify opportunities?
- 00:40:14 How do we identify and allocate future revenue streams (that look more like TV/film royalties)? How do we stabilize resource allocation for micro entrepreneurship?
- 00:45:01 Why the ‘platform economy’ is a short term ‘trap’ for most entrepreneurs. But is it a good intermediate stage?
- 00:54:01 How do we set the right framework and incentive to encourage and foster entrepreneurship (as an example in Mozambique).
- 01:01:01 Is valuation the only USP of an investor? Are secondary variables more important?
- 01:04:01 Is negative or positive motivation the ‘better motivation’ for creating the desire to ‘improve the world’?
- 01:09:10 What are the best countries to invest in in Africa? Do the ‘nation states’ even matter much?
- 01:16:15 Is Crowdfunding a solution to the funding problem of African startups?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – Julio Maria Muhorro (Tales of Entrepreneurship in Africa).
Julio Maria Muhorro is an entrepreneur and business coach based in Mozambique and South Africa.
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!