#101 Stephen Clapham (How to spot a good investment – and a fraud!)
- 00:00:33 How Stephen got started in the world of finance and what motivated him to write his latest book.
- 00:10:05 What is the basic premise of Stephen’s analysis of financial statements (forensic accounting)?
- 00:21:01 What is the fine line between fraud and creative accounting?
- 00:27:22 What is Stephen’s analysis of the Wirecard fraud?
- 00:32:27 How well do the current accounting standards actually work for provide transparency into profits/ losses of banks?
- 00:39:51 Where does all the printed money (from Central Banks) actually go? What is the best option to ‘weather the current low growth environment’?
- 00:51:10 How ‘money printing’ at this huge scale seems to be deflationary instead of inflationary?
Stephen Clapham is a retired hedge fund partner who now trains stock analysts at some of the world’s largest and most successful institutional investors. Stephen is also the author of The Smart Money Method: How to pick stocks like a hedge fund pro and hosts his own podcast.
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!