#15 Jay Zhao (The case for a better Venture Capital fund and better US-China relationships)
In this episode Jay Zhao and I talk about:
- What investment opportunities Jay is currently excited about?
- Jay’s favorite investment so far – Sleeper
- How can a Venture Capitalist stay honest and humble?
- How are the interests of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists aligned?
- What is the best way for founders and VC’s to find a “common match”?
- Is the ‘big stagnation’ real? Will AI solve our GDP growth issue?
- What is the best company to start in China right now?
- Is China now ‘more entrepreneurial’ and ‘more common-sense’ than the US?
- Is China now in a similar phase as Germany was post world-war I?
- What role does the ‘superiority complex’ play in China, Germany or Japan.
- What are China’s best cities?
Jay Zhao is an entrepreneur-turned-VC, and is currently Managing Partner at Leonis Capital, he was a Partner at T Fund (aka TCL Ventures) and Walden Venture Capital before.
You can reach Jay via LinkedIn.