#61 Jonny Price (Wefunder, Crowdfunding, Kiva, Online Marketing)
In this episode of he Judgment Call Podcast Jonny Price and I talk about:
- 00:03:38 Why Crowdfunding is so hot right now? Why was the ban on ‘consumer financing’ in place for almost 100 years?
- 00:11:02 What is the rate of return (IRR) for WeFunder investments? How can you hedge your bets with Crowdfunding?
- 00:24:11 Have we missed out on innovations during the last 20 years because Crowdfunding wasn’t available? Will it raise the amount of entrepreneurial activity?
- 00:29:30 Are we in a ‘seed stage’ accelerator bubble? How does WeFunder compete with startup accelerators? Does Crowdfunding only work if you spend heavily on marketing?
- 00:44:08 Why was kiva.org so successful and why did it stop growing eventually?
- 00:56:08 Why kiva.org re-invented a Business Credit Score and why it withdrew from general interest marketing?
- 01:07:36 How does WeFunder get rid of ‘bad actors’?
You can also watch this episode on Youtube – #61 Jonny Price (Wefunder, Crowdfunding, Kiva, Online Marketing).
Find more episodes from the Judgment Call Podcast: