#66 Michael Graziano (Can we decode consciousness soon?)
- 00:01:38 What’s the current state of consciousness research? Why there is a surprising amount of progress?
- 00:09:10 Is the rise of the Homo Sapiens connected to the changes in consciousness?
- 00:11:43 How does the ‘attention schema’ work that Michael puts forward?
- 00:15:22 How will machine intelligence adopt consciousness?
- 00:21:28 What will it take to give self-driving cars consciousness?
- 00:27:37 Is consciousness and Free Will an illusion? Does it matter for Prof. Graziano’s research?
- 00:40:41 Where do the models for our brain come from? How can we be born with it despite the rather small data size of the DNA?
- 00:45:20 When will brain uploading be possible? Will it be possible at all?
- 00:53:03 What would happen to our consciousness when we multiply it?
- 01:03:03 Is the time speed of time related to our consciousness? What is the neurosciences of time? How can we travel to deep space?
- 01:08:58 Why does the structure of the DNA and computer code so strikingly similar?
- 01:11:11 Does the structure of our consciousness indicate that we are ‘living in a simulation’? Is there a real reality?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #66 Michael Graziano (Can we decode consciousness soon?).
Michael Graziano is a scientist and novelist and currently is professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at Princeton University. Michael is the author of several books including Rethinking Consciousness: A Scientific Theory of Subjective Experience and Consciousness and the Social Brain.