#64 Mark Burgess (CF Engine, Promise Theory, Semantic Spacetime)
- 00:03:33 How Mark Burgess started to develop CF Engine.
- 00:11:22 What is the genesis of ‘Promise theory‘? What problems does it solve?
- 00:30:51 How Mark moved between academic disciplines over the years?
- 00:34:51 What is ‘Smart Spacetime‘?
- 00:44:29 Does the universe have a direction? What creates that direction?
- 00:55:26 Are emotions necessary for an artificial intelligence?
- 01:07:07 How can a machine memory mimic the human brain?
- 01:16:57 Can ‘Promise Theory’ be used to describe ‘Intelligent Design’?
- 01:32:03 What are ‘low hanging fruits’ of scientific discovery in the next 20-30 years?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #64 Mark Burgess (CF Engine, Promise Theory, Semantic Spacetime).
Mark Burgess is the creator of CF Engine. He is widely known for his work on ‘Promise theory’ and ‘Semantic Spacetime’. He has published several books incl. Thinking in Promises: Designing Systems for Cooperation as well as Smart Spacetime: How information challenges our ideas about space, time, and process.
Find more episodes from the Judgment Call Podcast: