Mark Saroufim (Machine Learning – The Big Stagnation)
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast Mark Saroufim and I talk about:
- Has the AI community become intellectually lazy and is there a a stagnation in progress?
- Why is AI so complicated and what are the gatekeepers in AI research right now?
- Should we expect Artificial General Intelligence soon? How predictable is the progress in AI?
- Why is there so little innovation in creating ‘cheaper products’?
- The surprising libertarian roots of Lebanon.
- Why the Internet is so great of connected like-minded people.
- The future of education – revisited.
- and much more!
Mark Saroufim currently works with Graphcore and has previously worked for Microsoft, NASA and studied at UC San Diego and UC Berkeley. He is a prolific writer at Medium including his latest article Machine Learning: The Great Stagnation.
You may reach Mark via his website.