#84 Thomas Power (The Power of Social Networks)
- 00:00:14 The origin story of Ecademy – the original social network for business.
- 00:05:19 How social networks helped us get more connected but also made us more lonely at the same time. How can we find real trust and intimacy?
- 00:12:03 How the way we ‘make connections’ has changed so much. Is Clubhouse a good tool to improve on that?
- 00:16:06 What Social Media could have been? What went wrong in the last 10 years?
- 00:28:28 What ‘free energy’ and ‘free software and hardware’ will change the marketplace.
- 00:34:13 How a few ‘bad actors’ have hacked the Twitter and Facebook algorithm.
- 00:42:53 Is loneliness a ‘treatable side effect’ of how we encounter our new ‘social normal’?
- 00:48:01 How our life’s got easier but lonelier voluntarily. Is it all related to the changes in the Facebook algorithm in 2014?
- 00:59:22 Why ‘all the upside’ of my life came from an Internet?! Would Nietzsche have been a more positive person with the Internet?
- 01:10:52 Hear Thomas’ take on the ‘Fermi paradox’.
Thomas Power is a serial entrepreneur and independent Board Director based in the United Kingdom.
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #84 Thomas Power (The Power of Social Networks).
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!