#12 Daniel Gross (How to scale entrepreneurship and applied innovation and bring it to the world)
In this episode of The Judgment Call Podcast Daniel Gross and I talk about:
- What attracted Daniel to starting companies in the first place?
- What makes (scalable) software special for entrepreneurs?
- What are the incentives in Open Source software ecosystem?
- Is religion a major driver for entrepreneurship? What are the drivers for starting a company and where does this unending optimism come from?
- How can ‘gamification’ help us learn?
- How can we institute measurements for long-term consumer satisfaction?
- How ‘Youtube style learning’ will change the future of the next generation.
- What benefits pioneer.app offers to successful applicants?
- How Pioneer can help curate a body of knowledge in entrepreneurship.
- Is entrepreneurship an algorithm?
- Are the BIG 5 personality traits predictive in a founder success?
- Daniel’s views on the ‘Big stagnation’.
- Daniel’s tips for the best places to start a company.
Daniel Gross is an entrepreneur and thinker and futurist who started out with Cue (a search engine). He later worked for Apple and joined Y Combinator as a partner. Daniel is also an angel investor and runs his own (remote) distributed accelerator /incubator called pioneer.app (funded by Stripe and Marc Andreessen).
You can reach Daniel on Twitter.