#33 – James Willcox (How to travel safely to the world’s most dangerous places)
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast James Willcox and I talk about:
- How James got into travel in the first place and why he started Untamed Borders?
- What is information arbitrage in travel?
- The best and worst of traveling to Afghanistan.
- Why ‘post conflict’ countries as so rewarding for travelers.
- Does Untamed Borders make use of armed guards for their tours? How does the travel agency manage security on their trips?
- Have there been ‘close calls’?
- What are typical clients of an Untamed Borders tour?
- Has ‘adventure travel’ been getting more difficult?
- How is travel to Somalia like these days?
- What secrets does the Amazon still hold for travelers?
- How travel changed James views on religion?
You can watch this episode in Youtube – The Judgment Call Podcast Episode #33 – James Wilcox (Travel to the world’s most dangerous places).
James Willcox is co-founder of Untamed Borders, a travel agency that can take you safely some of the most dangerous (and most beautiful places) on earth.
James has been an avid traveler for more than a decade and has been traveling to Puntland, Somaliland, Somalia as well as Afghanistan and Pakistan and many more destinations.
You may reach James via LinkedIn.
Apologies for the sound quality of this episode on my side – various improvements are on the way!