#02 Chris Tomseth
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast Chris Tomseth shares his view of the travel industry:
- How it feels to grow up in a dozen different countries
- The challenges facing the travel industry during COVID
- Chris’ list of favorite countries
- Why some airlines can’t fly where they want to fly
- Why some airlines like Qatar Airways will never make money
- What happened to Thailand’s tourism economy
- What role does freedom play in economic development across the world
- Why capsule hotels are awesome (and hostels in general?!)
- A new service that makes it easier to get through an airport with children
- How airline lounges win most of their business
- How to book hotels and do good at the same time?
Chris is a multi-cultural, internationally-experienced travel executive, with over 20 years of industry experience. Chris has worked with a range of companies, from blue-chip multinationals such as Delta Air Lines, Choice Hotels International, Gate Gourmet, and Emirates, to travel technology startups and U.S. and UAE Government agencies. Chris’ functional experience includes operational, sales and marketing, product development, finance, and strategy roles.
His prior roles have included Head of Global Sales for Choice Hotels International, Interim Chief Commercial Officer with Gate Gourmet, Head of Global Strategy and Business Development for Dnata Travel Services (part of the Emirates Group) as well as Director of Strategic Development for TRX. Chris has lived and worked during his professional career in the United States, Thailand, and the United Arab Emirates.
Chris has an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and has served on several Boards of both private and public organizations. He is currently advising and involved in several early-stage travel and hospitality companies and is resident in the Washington DC metro area.
You can reach Chris on LinkedIn.
You can download the podcast here.
You can find the episode’s transcript here.