#49 – Ric Gazarian (Why ‘extreme traveler status’ is worth chasing)
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast Ric Gazarian and I talk about:
- 00:04:49 Ric’s motivation to go to all 193 countries and why he intends to finish the challenge.
- 00:20:01 How Ric experienced Thailand during the last 12 months with almost no tourists. Why it is such a great place (even) for experienced travelers.
- 00:22:01 Ric’s surprising recommendation for an affordable, high value, safe country with culinary highlights
- 00:25:03 Why Uzbekistan is such a rewarding place for travelers.
- 00:40:23 How destinations deal with over-tourism and why the ‘best places’ remain in flux.
- 00:48:01 How Ric prepares and deals with potential dangerous situations in his travels.
- 01:04:21 Why the epic drive from Yakutsk to Magadan is so tempting.
- 01:08:21 Can we predict which individual will become an explorer?
- 01:10:01 How Ric got into making travel movies.
You may watch this episode on Youtube – #49 – Ric Gazarian (Why ‘extreme traveler status’ is worth chasing).
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia. Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com.