#87 Jeff Barr (The amazing story of Amazon Web Services)
- 00:00:35 How Jeff got started with Amazon Web Services in the place and how innovation has been moving along briskly with Amazon AWS.
- 00:06:15 How did it feel to promise an Internet File System and promise not to loose any data? How does AWS deal internally with failure and downtime?
- 00:11:24 How did Amazon add so much transparency to their IT department?
- 00:15:46 How did EC2 get so good so quickly between 2006 – 2011?
- 00:19:35 Why Amazon AWS works without any free support for customers. Why does support cost extra?
- 00:22:25 Where is the biggest growth and excitement with AWS right now?
- 00:24:06 Why is traffic and core CPU so much more expensive with AWS (up to 1,000 times more).
- 00:29:59 How does AWS Activate work and how does AWS support start-ups with free credits (up to one million dollars!)?
- 00:41:26 What is Jeff’s prediction how the cloud will develop in the next 10 years?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – Jeff Barr (The amazing story of Amazon Web Services).
Jeff Barr is the Chief Evangelist for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and has been its chief promoter since 2004.
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!