#99 Thaddeus ‘the Catholic’ (Pluralism, Liberalism, Postmodernism, Idolatry, World Government)
- 00:01:00 How Thaddeus got into philosophy and theology in the first place?
- 00:05:45 How political pluralism should work? Is the US actually pluralistic?
- 00:12:23 Has liberalism built a super structure of metaethics on top of religions. Are religions (too) boxed in by the liberal structure? How has our consciousness already been changed by this structure?
- 00:19:13 Is the treatment of religions and reality comparable? How should philosophy deal with quantum physics?
- 00:30:03 What did postmodernism contribute to the current state of philosophy?
- 00:35:03 What did Friedrich Nietzsche really try to tell us in ‘Thus Spoke Zarathustra’? How much of his depression should be attributed Christianity?
- 00:39:03 Why are so many people falling out with active Christianity? Is it connected to the different role of idolatry (the replacement of the divine) between the older Abrahamic religions and the New Testament?
- 00:45:02 What kind of love is the most fulfilling – self-centered or selfless?
- 00:51:02 How does Ayn Rand’s philosophy (Objectivism) fit into the high regard that is given to selfless love by philosophers? Is altruism self love or selflessness?
- 00:53:01 Why do we have this endless potential of addiction? Is addiction a coping mechanism for reality? Does it help us reconcile long-term and short-term goals? Is it better than being stuck in place?
- 00:57:34 Is religion a system of societal error correction? Do religions give you better life goals (and free you of addictions). Have religions become too lazy and are not challenged enough? Has postmodernism shown us how uncontested religious ideas are a problem?
- 01:07:13 Is the catholic church a good model for a ‘world government’?
Thaddeus Kozinski is a professor of theology and philosophy at the Divine Mercy University. He is the author of Modernity as Apocalypse: Sacred Nihilism and the Counterfeits of Logos and The Political Problem of Religious Pluralism: And Why Philosophers Can’t Solve It.
You may watch this episode on Youtube – Thaddeus ‘the Catholic’ (Pluralism, Liberalism, Postmodernism, Idolatry, World Government).
Big Thanks to our Sponsors!
ExpressVPN – Claim back your Internet privacy for less than $10 a month!