#58 – Aubrey de Grey (Can we finally reverse aging ‘forever’?!)
In this episode of the Judgment Call Podcast – Aubrey de Grey and I talk about:
- 00:02:16 How Aubrey de Grey got into the ‘longevity research‘ in the first place?
- 00:07:01 How Aubrey got the confidence to put a precise year to the ‘end of aging’.
- 00:12:01 What were the biggest obstacles to overcome in persuading the public that ‘aging can be ended’
- 00:13:30 Was setting up a money price for the extension of the lifespan of mice a good idea?
- 00:21:10 Why the longevity industry is burgeoning at the seams suddenly?
- 00:25:09 Will the benefit of an extended lifespan be equally available to a large part of the population?
- 00:31:01 Once aging is solved will we see a population of 100 billion on earth?
- 00:34:50 How Aubrey envisions life ‘past the Singularity’?
- 00:38:30 How will our brains react to aging? Are there any drugs that we can use right now that may delay aging?
- 00:42:01 Is the the FDA to blame for the slow innovation in the healthcare industry? Has COVID changed the regulatory environment?
You may watch this episode on Youtube – The Judgment Call Podcast Episode #58 – Aubrey de Grey (Can we finally reverse aging ‘forever’?!).